Twelve Maryland construction workers hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure

A dozen construction workers were taken to a hospital Tuesday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide while working at a bank site in Odenton, Maryland. Officials said the source of the carbon monoxide was a propane-powered saw that the workers had been using for at least two hours. WTOP (Washington, D.C.)

Injury reported at Las Vegas stadium site

First responders were at a stadium site in Las Vegas, following a reported medical incident on the third story of the project. A technical rescue team was observed using a cable and crane to lower the patient to the ground level. 3News (Las Vegas) [with video]

Fed-OSHA targeting increased worker fatalities in Missouri, two other states

Fed-OSHA is responding to a reported increase in fatalities associated with falls, struck-by objects and vehicles, machine hazards, grain bin engulfment, and burns in Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska. The agency says it has investigated 34 fatalities in these three states since last October 1. KFVS (Cape Girardeau, Mo.)

Fed-OSHA urged to set federal heat standards

Terri Gerstein, former labor bureau chief in the New York State Attorney General’s Office, urges Fed-OSHA to propose a standard to protect employees from dangerous heat at work. This week, the consumer and health advocacy group Public Citizen, along with United Farm Workers and Farmworker Justice, is submitting a petition to the agency. New York […]

Crane boom collapse kills Iowa man

A 57-year-old man was killed when a crane boom collapsed onto him pinning him to the ground, in northeast Iowa last week. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Tampa Bay Times